Passionate about the power of sport? Want to tell the world?
Then take this opportunity to join Beyond Sport and thinkBeyond as a Strategy and Project Manager!
Location: London or New York City – with international travel required in order to fulfil work-related duties (approx. 1/month)
Start date: August 30, 2018
Summary of the role:
We are looking to hire a new recruit that is passionate about the role of sport in society and is able to express that passion through a variety of mediums. Shared value is at the heart of our organisation, so we are looking for commercial minds who are also eager to deliver positive social impact in communities around the world.Beyond Sport and thinkBeyond are ever-growing with all staff working across both brands. This role has three key elements: Business Development, Strategy and Content. Download the job description.
Roles and responsibilities:
• Support Senior Commercial Manager and Director of Strategy with proposals and pitches
• Project manage pitch and RFP processes
• Support Director of Strategy, Senior Strategists and MD on ideation, creation and delivery of strategic projects for clients, from brainstorming to producing strategy messaging
• Develop and maintain excellent relationships with clients, often being their main contact within the business.
• Project manage end-to-end delivery of client work
• Support Director of Programming & Development and MD to, develop programming, design key sessions and identify potential speakers for Beyond Sport events
• Support Director of Programming and Director of Strategy to, develop programming, design key sessions and identify potential speakers for thinkBeyond client events
• Project manage elements of Beyond Sport, such as specific activations around events, our network, alliances and research projects
Knowledge, Experience, Skills and Abilities:
• Commitment to, and belief in, the ability of sport to create social change
• Knowledge of the UN Sustainable Development Goals as well as knowledge of sport and development
• At least 5 years’ experience in a project management role with a focus on client management or content management
• Organized and detail oriented
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong ability to think strategically and develop implementation plans to deliver key objectives
• Ability to project manage internally to ensure you get the information you need from your colleagues, often those managing you, in order to meet our clients’ needs and deadlines
• Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
• Excellent stakeholder and client management skills
• Ability to work efficiently, quickly and to deadline – there is an immediacy to our office that runs through everything we do
• Action orientated and goal focused
• Ability to work independently and without micro-management. Our staff is small and an expectation to work on projects and problem solving as an individual is essential
How to apply:
Please send your CV/resumé and a cover letter stating how you meet the needs of this role, as well your salary expectations to [email protected] Deadline for applications: Sunday, July 8, 2018 midnight BST.
Questions? Contact Freddie Eastwell at [email protected]
About Beyond Sport and thinkBeyond
Beyond Sport is the global force for sustainable social change through sport, instilling energy, insight and impact in communities around the world. We deliver events and build networks educating the world on sport’s role in society; we promote and advocate for key social issues; and we celebrate and fund projects using sport to achieve positive outcomes around the UN Sustainable Development Goals.
thinkBeyond is Beyond Sport’s sister company, which provides strategic consultancy to brands, sports teams, leagues, sports federations, talent and governments who want to do good business and create positive social change. Together, Beyond Sport and thinkBeyond have delivered events and activated client partnerships around the world. Our global footprint, comprising over 2,500 organisations, in 148 countries, working with 40 sports, gives us the insight, experience, credibility and network to deliver impactful strategies, robust project management and compelling events.
Just some of our clients include the likes of: ESPN, NFL, Special Olympics, Michael Johnson, NBA, Legal & General, Euroleague Basketball, World Boxing Council, WNBA, NHL, MLB, MLS, Comic Relief, San Francisco 49ers.
What it’s like to work with us
We’re constantly growing, innovating, creating and delivering. And while we have offices on two continents (NYC and London) and do projects in cities all over the world, we are a team that is close-knit, caring and dedicated – both to our work and to supporting each other. We travel to amazing places together and deliver ground breaking events for exciting clients or together with forward-thinking partners.
We witness first-hand how sport can change lives, but we are also ingratiated in the commercial and business side of sport and social responsibility, making our position unique. Since our inception in 2009, we’ve never had a year like the one previous. Every year is different – new cities, projects, partners. That said, every year, there is more and more to do
– and yet we still deliver to our highest standard.
We want people to work with us who find this environment exciting and meaningful. Who see opportunities everywhere. Who always think we can do better. And who have fresh and new perspectives on how the world should be doing things.