August 7, 2020
We’re proud to be supporting the Legal & General Not A Red Card (NARC) Awards through our sister company, thinkBeyond, for a third year. The NARC Awards shine a spotlight on individuals and businesses in the UK who champion mental well-being at work and the Friday 14th August deadline to enter is fast approaching.
In sport, red cards are normally associated with bad behaviour. However, this campaign uses it to show that it’s not a bad thing to talk about mental health in the workplace. Just like sport, it’s about the whole team coming together to tackle mental health issues to ensure better performance in the long term. We talk about openly about physical health, so why don’t we talk about mental health?
Six Awards are up for grabs, including once again, a specific award related to sport’s power to support mental health in the workplace. Winners will be announced at a virtual event on Wednesday 4th November 2020. Both the shortlist and winners will be invited to a celebratory lunch along with fellow judges in March 2021 in London.
The categories are:
• The Collaboration Award
• Innovative Use of Sport Award
• Best Mental Health Initiative – SME (less than 500 employees)
• Best Mental Health Initiative – Large (more than 500 employees)
• The Inspiration Award
•The Leadership Award
The Not A Red Card Awards are free to enter and close Friday 14th August. Find out more and enter here: https://www.legalandgeneral.com/notaredcard/awards/.
Mental health, including stress, is one of the biggest causes of long- and short-term employee absences, so encouraging employers and employees to have more conversations will improve wellbeing. Whether you’ve embraced the discussion of mental health in the workplace, created a truly innovative programme for preventative care, or devised an initiative for awareness and education – they want to hear about it!
Here are some additional tips from past NARC Award winners:
- Top tips for entering the awards: Double award winner and one of our Judges this year, Helen Gillett shares her top tips for those entering the Not A Red Card Awards.
- Award winner case study: Alliance of Sport in Criminal Justice won the 2019 Not A Red Card Collaboration Award. Find out what they have achieved as a result.
Follow #NotARedCard on social and visit Legal & General’s website for more information.