COVID-19 HAS DONE TWO HUGE THINGS WITHIN SOCIAL DEVELOPMENT. THE FIRST IS A COMPLETE OVERPOWERING OF THE SOCIAL ISSUES THAT WERE AT THE FOREFRONT OF GLOBAL CONVERSATIONS, FROM GENDER EQUALITY TO CLIMATE ACTION. THE SECOND IS THE EXPOSURE OF THE TROUBLING INEQUITIES AND SOCIO-ECONOMIC INJUSTICES EMBEDDED WITHIN OUR COMMUNITIES. THIS TRACK WILL FOCUS ON ADDRESSING KEY SOCIETAL ISSUES IN A POST-COVID WORLD, AND HOW SPORT CAN AND SHOULD PLAY A ROLE.
Topics addressed in these sessions will cover everything from climate change to human rights to inequality to diversity and inclusion followed by ways to leverage sport to respond and create solutions. And we are pleased to announce that Billie Jean King, Social Justice Activist and Tennis Legend, will provide the closing keynote on June 18!
- Addressing Climate Change in this new landscape
- What COVID-19 has done to human rights and where sport needs to step up
- Global connection in the new normal
- Innovative partnerships to leverage the UN SDGs
- The future of inclusion for sport
- Keeping gender equity and sports on the agenda
Attendees will learn from, be inspired by and challenge experts from all different perspectives, including:
- Special Olympics International CEO, Mary Davis
- Endurance Swimmer and UN Patron of the Oceans, Lewis Pugh
- Award-winning Human Rights Journalist for The Guardian, Annie Kelly
- WWE Chief Brand Officer, Stephanie McMahon
- NHL SVP of Social Impact, Growth Initiatives and Legislative Affairs, Kim Davis
- Girl-Up CEO, Melissa Kirby
- World Players Association Executive Director, Brendan Schwab
- Former WNBA CEO and Founder of Generation W, Donna Orender
- UNDP Advocacy and Communications Director, Mila Rosenthal
- AJR musician and Sustainable Development Goal (SDG) advocate, Adam Met
- Executive Director of Women Win, Maria Bobenreith
...with more to come!
Structure: Educational segments + live audience Q&A to start and finish each day
Target Audience: General