Recent tragic events have had a huge impact in and around the entire Gulf of Mexico. In times of need, sport has often been a unique and impactful tool in rebuilding and restoring hope in communities around the world. This is one of those times.
The Beyond Sport Mexico Communities Award has called for applications, which will celebrate and provide funding for ways sport is being used to create positive social change in Mexico.
Any organization, project, or programme based in Mexico that is using sport to create positive social change in their communities, with focusses on sport’s role in either education, conflict resolution, health or equality, were able to apply for the award.
The criteria below outlines what each Award entry will be judged on, according to Beyond Sport’s Five Basic Principles:
- Model - Have a structure in place that uses sport as a primary tool to drive positive social transformation.
- Impact - Lives have been significantly changed by delivering a demonstrable, long-term benefit to those with which you have engaged.
- Sustainability - Have a sound plan to be financially and structurally sustainable.
- Share - Practical insights or programmatic elements can be shared with other organizations addressing similar social issues and the organization is a willing and active collaborator.
- Inclusion - Everyone is allowed equal access regardless of gender, disability, religion or sexuality, whilst also recognizing some projects may have a clear rationale for being exclusive to a particular target group.
The Official Shortlist will be announced very soon, the winner being presented on Wednesday November 15 at the Welcome Reception of Beyond Sport Mexico. Stay tuned for more!